This is a popular and easy South Indian dessert, which I love cooking. 👍🏻 It is made with roasted rava/ semolina, raisins and cardamom and is usually served chilled but can be also enjoyed warm.
Preparation time~ 5 min
Cooking time~ 10 min
- Heavy bottom non-stick pan
- Square or rounded tray
- 1 cup roasted semolina/ rava
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 cups water for boiling
- gold raisins
- pinch of ground cardamom
- Roast semolina on a low flame till it becomes golden and you smell its fragrance. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Add three cups of water to a heavy bottom pan and add sugar, cardamom and raisins. Stir till dissolved. Wait till water starts boiling.
- Lower the flame and gradually start adding semolina whilst continuously stirring to avoid the lumps.
- Stir semolina till the moisture has evaporated and gains a thick consistency.
- Transfer semolina to a tray and set aside to chill till the desired temperature.
- Cut into diamond shapes and enjoy! 😉